This section provides an overview of the steward’s as part of the 6 main progressive offices that commonly lead to the Chair of the Lodge as its Worshipful Master
- This is often the first office for junior members, an introduction to office within a short time following a Candidate’s Initiation
- You will typically be required to act as Steward (waiter) during the Festive Board if table service is not available.
- This is a good way to get to know everybody including lodge members and visitors.
- In some lodges, Stewards are released early from the meeting to help prepare the Festive Board. Although this is no longer a common practice in our lodge.
- Prepare firing glasses, drinks, help with final touches, seating arrangements, laying the table, set up the candles, organise raffle prizes etc.
- Assist in selling raffle tickets and collecting money during the Festive Board to raise money for charity.
- Tips: Be friendly and approachable. Don’t ignore guests and visitors. Make them feel welcomed. Treat them as you would guests to your own home.
- Help clear the table if required, put away firing glasses, candles and other tableware as required.
Adapted and updated from “Progression to the Chart and Beyond – Handout 2 v2 Aug 2016”